Here is a checklist when you're about to plan a theme party.
- Chose a theme (see "How to get started" for more information).
- Find a date that's suitable.
- Write a guest list (so you know the maximum amount of guests). Consider if kids are invited or not.
- Decide if it´s going to be a cover charge, if it´s going to be at potluck or if the guest eg. should bring their own beverage.
- Make a budget.
- Designate a venue for the party and if necessary book it.
- Send the invitation to the guests. Tip! Set the response date (RSVP) no later than two weeks before the party and remember to ask if the guest has a special diet. Make sure it´s clear who/whom the invitation is for (eg. if kids are allowed at the party and if it´s ok to bring a date).
- Make an activity- and time planning for the preparations (eg. decor, activities at the party, music, food, contacts). TIP! Structure it as a "to-do-list".
- After the response date:
- Make the table seating (if you're planning of having that)
- Plan for the cooking
- Make a shoppinglist
- Divide the guests in to teams
- Make a time schedule for the party (eg. when the food should be served, the order of the activities etc.).
10. Have the party and don't forget to have fun!