HOW TO GET STARTED
Have you decided to plan a theme party?
Then I will give you some tips to get started.
It´s all about the details!
1) When you have decided a theme you want to have on a party, figure out more about the theme. TIP! Pinterest is a gold mine for inspiration and idéas.
2) Think about the details that suits the theme. It could be connected to:
- The invitation (eg. Agent 007: a secret mission)
- Food (eg. Charter theme: Flight meal served in a box)
- Beverages (eg. Mexican Fiesta: Tequila, Corona)
- Clothing/outfit (eg. Hawaii: bast skirt, lei, flip-flop slippers)
- Music (eg. Olympic Games: National Anthems)
- Activities (eg. 17th May: Parade, Funny Norwegian histories)
- Decor and table setting (eg. Rock party: LPs and lots of lights and stars) TIP! Use colors that fit the theme ans use it as red thread through the decorations.
3) Find details to the theme by:
- Look around at home, you might already have things that suits the theme.
- Recycle from former parties.
- Borrow details from friends.
- Create your own "props" (eg. with help from printer and laminating machine or carpenter what you need)
- Go to a second hand store and search for details.
- Take the opportunity to make bargains at sale or an outlet.
- Search at local stores or if needed at on-line-shops.
4) Remember that it´s impossible to have too much details at a theme party...!